Monday, August 17, 2015

Zero to hero in SSIS (SQL SERVER Integration Services) TIP #110

Recently, Many friends of mine are interested in learning SSIS so , I thought to write some blogs which might help them.

I selected following area on which I will write blog on SSIS. It would be great if you also share your inputs.

Step 1: WWH of SSIS & Architecture of SSIS ? (What , Why, How ) 

Once you understand What, Why, How you are curious to know how to create a basic program /package in SSIS. I am sure you might have used this basic SSIS package but you might not aware (Import/Export) in SQL Sever.

Step 2:- How to create my first basic package using SSIS ?

With step 2 you will be more comfortable and confident that you can create package. Once your first package is created the next step which I think  is deployment. How to deploy in real world and use it.

Step 3:- How to deploy SSIS package and different way of deploying ?

Step 4:-  How to create basic data flow task package ?

              With data flow task we will try to understand below common controls as well

                 4.a – Data Conversion

                 4.b -  Conditional Split

                 4.c – Derived column

                 4.d – Lookup

                 4.e – Merge

                 4.f – Merge Join

                 4.g- Multi cast

                 4.h – Row Count

                 4.I – Sort

                 4.j – Union all

                 4.K – Others (remaining)


Step 5:-  Understand For Loop Container

Step 6: Understand for each Loop container

Step 7: Sequence  container

Step 8:-  Bulk Insert Task

Step 9:- Script Task

Step 10:- Web service Task

Step 11: XML  Task

Step 12:- File System Task

Step 13:- Execute Process task

Step 14:- WWH variables? How to define application variable ?

Step 15:-  Performance improvement of SSIS Package

Step 16:- Interview questions related to SSIS


I hope with above blog steps those my friends will be benefited.

 I appreciate your inputs as well what else we can include in this series .

Enjoy !!!

RJ !!!              

1 comment:

  1. I found a very interesting way to go from Zero to Hero with SSIS... don't use it. ;-) 99.9% (a personal estimation, for sure) of what SSIS does can be done via stored procedures and the other 0.1% (parallel operations) can be done using SQL Agent Jobs that call stored procedures.