Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

How easy to determine table dependencies ? TIP # 86

 

Determine the table dependencies is challenging sometime but we can easily resolve this by using a simple stored procedure which  SQL Server provides.

By using this stored procedure we can easily determine all the dependencies of particular table.

The stored procedure is sp_msdependencies

We can use this stored procedure as shown below

Execute sp_msdependencies ‘tableName’

For example I am using Adventureworks2012 and I want to know the dependencies of product table then I have to write following command

Use AdventureWorks2012
Go
EXEC sp_msdependencies '[Production].[Product]'
GO

When I run this command I get result as shown in below figure

sp_msdependecies_Indiandotnet

I hope this tip may help you somewhere.

Thanks for reading.

Enjoy !!!

Rj !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment