Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

How explicitly insert default value ? TIP #72

 

Suppose, sometimes you just need  entry in the table with all the default values.

For example you have a Student table which looks like as below

CREATE TABLE #tmpStudent (StudentId INT IDENTITY(1,1),
                          FirstName VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT 'RAJAT',
                          Course    VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT 'MATHS')

 

Now , suppose for in some situation we need just default entry for example in my case I am just trying to insert 100 rows with default value so I need to write below statement

INSERT INTO #tmpStudent (FirstName ,Course ) VALUES (Default, default)

Now when I run the above statement. It insert default value of FirstName,course

I hope this might be helpful to you somewhere.

Enjoy!!!

RJ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment